Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thesis Defense


On Tuesday afternoon I defended my thesis in front of my five committee members and others from the department. A good portion of my lab mates came as well as other co-workers from the floor. I had a 35min talk and then there were some questions from the audience, the questions without the audience was quite smooth. Then they got to leave and I was asked more questions by my committee, then I had to leave while they talked about me. After five minutes they emerged to tell me that I had passed. So now I just have a few small changes that I want to make to my thesis then print it out on the fancy paper with the correct page numbers. And then I am done. One co-worker of mine was able to take some pictures from before the talk and then some after at my reception.

3 comments:

Josh L. said...

Congratulations!

Sculpin said...

Whoo! Congratulations, Dr. Gatlin!

Julie said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON A HARD JOB WELL DONE!!! We're proud of you, Dr. Gatlin.

Julie