Sunday, November 25, 2007

Jackson 188 days


Jackson is very observant, we have been repeating his sounds back to him. Kind of communicating. Then last week when he was hungry (guess one out of three) he was making "mmmmmmm" sounds. Like what Mary does when she feeds him cereal or puree. I can't say that he made the connection, but he sure did eat when we fed him after the verbal cue. He is also beginning to turn to his name. Then this evening he copied me as I stuck out my tongue at him. He as learned this trick and for the past hour, when he sees me, sticks out his tongue. You can tell that he is so proud of himself as well. Mary took some pictures of us playing "monkey see, monkey do." And this we have updated the week by week postings as well.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Jackson was the absolute hit of the Thanksgiving event with the Larios/Hofstrand clan - so good-natured and sweet - though I think we just missed this latest development with the tongue!

Anonymous said...

he's also attacking that tag on his stuffed animal the way his dad takes off those on the neck of his t- shirts. Imitation is the best form of flattery!

Anonymous said...

he is sitting on his own so well! What a cutie! It will be great fun when he starts blowing bubbles!

Anonymous said...

I love the monkey-see/ monkey-do sequence...I keep going back to it and delighting in his expression, focus, ...and his wet tongue, chin and shirt!...and when he looks up to the camera and when he reaches toward his model.