Monday, April 28, 2008

Bike ride


This weekend when we were home, and since it was great weather ( compared to last weeks snow, FYI it snowed in Eugene as well). We had to get out. So we took the maiden voyage with Jackson in his/my/our Burley trailer, we got the Solo ( narrower and just fine for one, still enough cargo room). This is a Birthday present I got from Mary. After which I immediately went out and got Jackson a helmet. So, now four months later as the weather has gotten better we got to go for a spin. I have done two practice runs with trailer but no cargo ( Jackson) to see how it handled. It works fine. We have some pictures from the trip and then the destination of the park. There are already videos up of him playing on the slide and swings. It was easy two miles over, Jackson fell asleep on the way there. He was awake and hungry on the way home. But he made it home and we had dinner. If he sleeps like this again, I can use him for my training rides along the Eugene bike path for a bit more distances. I am looking forward to doing some more trips with him. We are going to take it with us one of these trips to Seattle. I really want to explore the Burke Gilman Trail (part of it, not all of it, yet). So as they say in this cult "keep the rubber side down".

No comments: